Businesses go where customers flow.
With an extensive user base, WhatsApp attracts more and more people in the realm of personalized messaging daily. Businesses follow this trail too.
Modern businesses make use of WhatsApp intelligently to reach out to their client and potential customers at scale. While doing so, brands must establish credibility and trustworthiness, encouraging their target audience to believe that messaging is from a trusted source. WhatsApp Green Tick plays a significant role for a brand to appear legitimate.
In this article, let’s dive deeper into the details of Green Tick, how to apply it, and why it’s essential for customer-facing businesses. If you want to quickly absorb the essence of this article, here are a few key takeaways to help you understand the requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Only businesses can apply for a Green Tick, and public figures cannot.
- You can get a WhatsApp Green Tick only if you have WhatsApp Business API
- Famous brands with news coverage from prominent media outlets have more chances of getting a Green Tick on their profile.
- Brands that reach out to more than 1000 people daily have a higher chance of getting a Green Tick.
- WhatsApp doesn’t charge any fee for Green Tick verification.
- It takes 2-4 days for WhatsApp to get back to you when you submit an application
- If you get rejected, you can re-apply after 30 days
- It’s best to have two-factor authentication when you apply for WhatsApp Green Tick
- WhatsApp doesn’t give Green Tick to some businesses based on cryptocurrencies, gambling, tobacco, drugs, and many others mentioned below.
What is WhatsApp Green Tick?
WhatsApp Green Tick signifies that a WhatsApp business account is authentic. It eliminates the client’s hesitation in reaching out to you, especially when credibility is the primary source of hesitation.
It provides peace of mind while ensuring you're dealing with a legitimate account owned by the brand, not an imposter. It's a stamp of credibility that boosts the brand's image and trustworthiness. WhatsApp takes business verification seriously to protect you from spam and fake accounts.
To get a Green Tick for your business, WhatsApp Business Platform becomes your way through. Green Tick gives the green light to your customers to engage confidently with your business.
Eligibility criteria for WhatsApp Green Tick verification
WhatsApp reserves a Green Tick for famous brands. Below are the eligibility criteria for green WhatsApp Green Tick verification.
- A brand should be famous and have news coverage from large media
- You should be a business, not a public figure or an influencer
- You should be using a WhatsApp Business API account.
- You should try to be at least on the Tier 2 messaging level
The final decision to give the Green Tick rests with WhatsApp. The API provider can’t influence WhatsApp’s decision to give or not to give WhatsApp Green Tick. It’s best to have news coverage weeks before applying for Green Tick verification to appear as a famous brand.
On the other hand, WhatsApp doesn’t allow some businesses to be a part of its Business Platform. These businesses are:
- Medical products
- Adult products and services
- Dating services
How to get a WhatsApp Green Tick
Below are the steps to apply for a WhatsApp Green Tick.
1. Adopt WhatsApp Business API
The first step toward getting a Green Tick is to get a WhatsApp API number for your business through a genuine business solution provider (BSP). You can’t get the badge on a free WhatsApp business application.
If WhatsApp Business API isn’t your preference, you can express credibility by using a branded display picture on the free WhatsApp Business account and writing a professional brand description.
Cooby unlocks several features of WhatsApp Business API on your free WhatsApp business account. These features include CRM integrations and more. It adds more capabilities on top of these features. For example, Cooby helps you achieve Inbox Zero on WhatsApp and provides a range of productivity features to help you supercharge WhatsApp for Business.
2. Send campaigns on WhatsApp
Using a WhatsApp Business API and reaching 1000 people daily with business-initiated chats helps you elevate your chances of getting a green badge. This shows WhatsApp that you’re serious about engaging customers and potential clients on WhatsApp.
Tip: If you want to execute WhatsApp campaigns without WhatsApp Business API, Cooby helps you simultaneously broadcast messages to several people.
3. Ask your BSP to submit a Green Tick application to Meta
Your business service provider is already connected to the Meta Business Manager account and can easily submit a Green Tick request on your behalf.
If you wish to submit it yourself, you can take the following steps:
- Go to Business Settings in your Facebook Business Manager
- Select WhatsApp Accounts and pick the one you want the Green Tick on
- Tap on Settings, click Contact Support, and go to Ask a Question
- Choose WABiz: Request official business account status
- Ensure you have enabled two-factor authentication, and supply the supporting document and information with your application
4. Keep calm and be patient
WhatsApp takes two to four days to process your request and decide about your Green Tick application. If everything goes well, a green badge automatically appears on your account.
However, if your application isn’t accepted, you can keep using the WhatsApp Business Platform and re-apply after 30 days. With or without a green badge, you can use all features of the application. The green badge adds extra credibility, but it isn’t a prerequisite to have business communication on WhatsApp.
Remember: WhatsApp doesn’t charge a fee for a Green Tick badge on your official business profile.
Why should you apply for WhatsApp Green Tick?
Among many businesses on WhatsApp, a Green Tick badge helps your brand stand out. It helps you prove your business’ credibility and trustworthiness to your customers. Sometimes, it allows customers to distinguish a legitimate business from a pool of imposters impersonating your brand.
It’s believed that a Green Tick badge helps prevent people from reporting or blocking you when you reach out to them via WhatsApp. Your customers are more inclined to read your message as you prove your brand is trustworthy.
Among all benefits, there are two downsides or challenges in getting WhatsApp. You need a WhatsApp Business API number, and you might face rejection while applying for Green Tick.
Overall, WhatsApp Green Tick verification is good-to-have but not a must-have feature for people who use WhatsApp Business. You should improve your WhatsApp sales strategy to increase conversions and cash inflow.
Get a Green Tick Badge on WhatsApp
If the process is a bit tricky, you can seek assistance from third-party agents. Platforms that have navigated the process multiple times can suggest ways to increase your application’s success. These agents may charge you a fee for services offered by them.
The involvement of these agents doesn’t guarantee a Green Tick for your business on WhatsApp. But they do help understand the requirements clearly and meet pre-requisites for verification.
Learn more about improving customer satisfaction on WhatsApp by efficiently addressing their queries.