WhatsApp ranks 3rd among the most-used social platforms, after Facebook and YouTube with over 2 billion users.
That’s a lot of users!
In the recent times, it has become a powerful tool for businesses to connect with their leads and customers. Businesses use it day in and out to maintain closer connection with their customers. However, manually managing such conversations is time-consuming, inefficient, and error-prone.
WhatsApp CRM integration helps to manage customer relationships at scale while ensuring effective communication with the clients. Unlike other tools on the market, you don’t need to switch to WhatsApp Business API in order to integrate it with your CRM.
Cooby integrates regular WhatsApp or WhatsApp business with HubSpot and Salesforce and sync all conversations and contacts to your CRM.
What is WhatsApp CRM integration?
WhatsApp CRM integration is a technological solution to keeping all customer data in one place, including WhatsApp chats, group chats, and contacts. By integrating their existing CRM system with WhatsApp, businesses can streamline customer communication and improve the overall customer experience.
WhatsApp CRM allows businesses to manage customer interactions at scale while also improving efficiency. It helps you aggregate conversations in one place so your teams can get context of business communication. It makes them well-informed to navigate conversations with their customers, ultimately leading to better relationships and more sales.
Simplifying customer communication
The integration between WhatsApp and CRM has a lot of advantages, ranging from managing interactions to providing rich customer insights. Here's how WhatsApp CRM integration simplifies customer communication:
- Real-time customer engagement: View WhatsApp communication across devices and channels in one location and engage with customers in real-time.
- Instant response to queries: Answer questions and concerns faster and conveniently via WhatsApp. You can also use chatbots, templates, and quick replies to provide consistent and accurate information to customers.
- Personalized interaction with customers: WhatsApp CRM helps you send personalized messages, offers, and recommendations to your customers based on their preferences, behavior, and feedback. You can also use it to collect customer feedback and reviews.
- Improved tracking and follow-ups: Track the status of your customer orders, payments, and deliveries. You can also follow up with your customers after a purchase or a service to ensure their satisfaction and loyalty.
- Streamlined internal communications: You can use the integration to communicate better with your team members, partners, and suppliers.
- Gain sales and marketing insights: The integration improves sales productivity by helping salespeople nurture prospects with the right insights to close more deals.
Things to keep in mind before integrating WhatsApp and CRM
When thinking about integrating WhatsApp and CRM software in your business, you should check whether your CRM supports WhatsApp integration. You can either go for in-built integration, or choose a third-party integration solution like Cooby.
Check if your CRM can handle multiple WhatsApp accounts, channels, and conversations seamlessly, and securely. On the other hand, you should ensure that you respect your customers' data privacy and security when you integrate WhatsApp and CRM. You need to comply with the relevant laws and regulations, such as GDPR, CCPA, or PDPA.
It’s better to inform your customers about how you will collect, use, and store their data and get their consent.
How to choose the perfect solution for WhatsApp CRM integration
You need to consider the following factors and questions before choosing the right solution for WhatsApp CRM integration:
- Business goals and needs. What are you trying to achieve with CRM integration? How do you want to communicate with your customers via WhatsApp? Evaluate the kind of features and functionalities you need.
- Budget and resources. Think about how much you are willing to spend on the integration, along with the time and effort involved. Do you have the technical skills and knowledge to integrate WhatsApp with your CRM by yourself or do you need a partner or a service provider to help you?
- CRM software. Does your current CRM software support WhatsApp integration, or do you need to switch to a different one? How easy or difficult is it to integrate your CRM software with your WhatsApp?
- Software solution provider. Who will you choose as your software solution provider for WhatsApp CRM integration? What are their credentials, reputation, and customer reviews? How reliable, secure, and scalable is their solution? How much support and guidance do they offer?
How to integrate WhatsApp with CRM
Conventional methods require you to have a WhatsApp Business API account in place to integrate WhatsApp with CRM. However, you don’t need an API number or a business account to integrate with a CRM solution.
Cooby helps you seamlessly integrate your CRM solution with WhatsApp regardless of whether you have a regular or a business account.
Let’s dive into the details of how you can integrate WhatsApp with HubSpot and Salesforce CRMs using Cooby.
Integrating WhatsApp with HubSpot
Setting up the integration with Cooby helps you perform CRM tasks from within WhatsApp and helps capture customer conversations in HubSpot.
Here are the steps you can follow to successfully make the integration:
- Install Cooby's chrome extension, sign up, and create an account.
- On the top right corner, you can find the integration icon. Click on it.
- Choose HubSpot from the options you're shown to integrate with different CRM solutions.
- Once you click on HubSpot, you'll be taken to a page that shows various features. Select "Connect to HubSpot".
- Sign in to HubSpot and select the account you want to integrate with.
- Once that's done, open HubSpot and search for any contact.
- Select "Filter Activity" to ensure you selected Cooby under integrations to easily view your chats on HubSpot.
You can read the integration guide if you need more help connecting WhatsApp and HubSpot.
Integrating WhatsApp with Salesforce
Follow these steps to see your WhatsApp conversations and contacts on your Salesforce dashboard.
- Install Cooby from Salesforce AppExchange.
- To get things underway, you need to configure your Salesforce account to support Cooby. The process involves making roles and permission changes. Additionally, you need to customize the Salesforce UI under settings to view leads, contacts, and messages.
- Sign up for Cooby, if you haven't already. It's best if you use the same email as you do for Salesforce.
- Head over to the CRM integrations options located next to the Sign-Up button and select Salesforce Integration.
- You will see Salesforce under Connected. Head to manage permissions and turn on all permissions for users.
- Click on start to begin using the integration.
You can check out the Salesforce WhatsApp integration guide if you need more help.
With Cooby’s integration, you can realize the following benefits:
- Perform CRM tasks from within WhatsApp, eliminating the need to constantly switch between tabs.
- Create new contacts and update existing ones.
- Capture conversations in the CRM to ensure you never lose out on insights and opportunities.
- Add important customer information or notes to CRM directly from WhatsApp.
- Boost team efficiency by cutting down administrative work.
Facilitating WhatsApp CRM integration for ordinary WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business
Many popular solutions in the market offer CRM integration with WhatsApp Business API. While they do offer assistance in the approval process, there is a simpler way to do it.
With Cooby, you can integrate WhatsApp or WhatsApp Business numbers with your CRM. Simply put, you don’t need a WhatsApp Business API solution and challenges that come with it.
Below are some common challenges of WhatsApp Business API:
- Messaging limits over a 24-hour period, depending on whether you have a connected status or not.
- It has limited functionality such as no group chats, video or voice calls.
- Messages sent using the API should meet template guidelines set by WhatsApp.
- Companies need to go through an approval process before using WhatsApp Business API, which can take a lot of time.
These limitations don’t exist with Cooby. Companies can use WhatsApp at work with the business-specific features and functionalities offered by Cooby.
Integrating WhatsApp with your CRM adds value to your customer engagement, team efficiency, and provides insights into customer behavior.
Cooby gives you complete visibility into WhatsApp conversations while highlighting improvements and automating a few redundant tasks like updating CRM software. You can let our solution take care of your administrative tasks and focus on the conversations that matter the most.
Take Cooby for a spin save time spent on updating CRM with WhatsApp conversations.