WhatsApp has changed the way people interact and conduct business. Its user-friendly features and engaging interface have brought it to the forefront of modern communication. People use it daily, and so do businesses.
Learn more about the latest WhatsApp statistics to understand how modern people and businesses use WhatsApp. WhatsApp provides several features that modern businesses rave about. You can start using these features by creating a WhatsApp Business account.
What is WhatsApp Business?
WhatsApp Business enables small and medium-sized businesses to effectively manage interactions with customers, partners, agents, or internal teams. The platform empowers companies to personalize their customers' buying experiences.
You can choose either to use a free WhatsApp Business account or leverage paid functionalities of WhatsApp Business APIs. API numbers are suitable for medium to large businesses that have an extensive customer base to engage. Several limitations of WhatsApp API numbers, such as messaging tiers, limited numbers, and various other factors make it far-fetched option for startups and small businesses. Cooby is relevant option for growth stage companies to unlock WhatsApp's true potential in establishing business relationships.
Did you know? Cooby empowers WhatsApp users to organize chats, maintain zero unread messages in your inbox, and broadcast messages to several people. The platform also provides customizable templates to personalize outreaches and follow-ups. You can sync WhatsApp conversations on CRMs like Salesforce and Hubspot while maximizing productivity with Cooby.
Whether a startup or SME, Cooby will help you make WhatsApp interactions more effective and efficient.
You can equip your WhatsApp Business account with a chatbot. It saves time and makes the experience more hassle-free for the buyer when they're tracking orders, lodging complaints, etc. You can set the brand logo in the profile picture, write the business's name, select the industry, and mention contact details and location.
Furthermore, many businesses send greetings through WhatsApp Business accounts to engage their customer base. It helps them speed up conversions while selling. With WhatsApp Business, companies can create catalogs of their products, analyze message statistics, create groups, integrate their Facebook shops, and conduct transactions through WhatsApp Payments.
How to create a WhatsApp Business account
Below are seven easy steps to create a new WhatsApp Business account.
- Download and install the app. Go to AppStore or PlayStore to get the latest version of WhatsApp Business.
- Accept terms and conditions. Ensure you understand the terms and conditions before accepting. Then, choose Accept and Continue.
- Enter your phone number. You can tap on Use a Different Number to enter a new phone number for your business account. Or, tap Use [phone number] to utilize your existing personal WhatsApp number for business purposes.
- Grant access. Permit WhatsApp Business to access your contacts, location, media, camera, microphone, etc. This allows the platform to access your essential details and personalize user experience.
- Verify phone number. WhatsApp will send you a verification code to verify your phone number. If you don't get a code immediately, you can opt for either Resend SMS or Call Me.
- Create a business profile. Create a business profile and enter your business name and category. Tap Show More Option to enter the description and your business address.
- Create a catalog. Build your business products or services catalog. You can choose Get Started to proceed or Not Now to move forward without a catalog.
You will be directed to your WhatsApp Business account, where there will be a different tab for your business settings beside Chats. You can control your business communication from there, from editing your profile and integrating with Facebook and Instagram to setting greeting messages, away messages, or quick replies.
Tip: Your sales team can use WhatsApp to improve their sales productivity.
Can you use WhatsApp Business with WhatsApp Web?
WhatsApp Business provides an efficient and secure messaging experience and simple integration with other business tools. One of its most advantageous features is that you can use it with WhatsApp Web.
This allows companies to support customer interactions using their desktop, enabling faster communication and streamlining customer service inquiries.
Companies can use multiple devices to manage their service conversations without constantly switching between apps such as emails and WhatsApp on their phones.
Best practices to ensure optimal business communication
Below are some notable practices you should know to effectively communicate with your customers on WhatsApp.
- While connecting, ensure you only send important messages. Avoid influencing customers to feel overwhelmed with the number of messages you send. They may report your business as "Spam", leading to WhatsApp penalties.
- Automate replies so that your customers don't have to wait for your response even when you're offline. Structure replies in a formal and informative way, unlike how you would structure an advertisement message.
- Use Cooby's extension to set WhatsApp reminders and never miss out on follow-ups or scheduled client communication.
- While using your personal WhatsApp number to create a WhatsApp Business account, migrate your data, such as chat history and contacts, from personal to business account.
- You must use different numbers if you need to manage your personal and business accounts separately on WhatsApp.
- Remember to update your WhatsApp Business application to stay on top of all the security updates and new features.
- Do not use your picture as your business profile picture. Your customers are there to see if your profile is legit. Your profile picture could mislead them. Use an image of your shop, or your brand logo, with a visible brand name.
These practices can help you conduct seamless business communication on your WhatsApp Business account! Like WhatsApp connects people, WhatsApp Business connects businesses to their customers. Companies of all sizes can make the best out of the platform using this guide.
Want to bring all your business contacts under one umbrella? Learn more about how to create a WhatsApp group.