Do you feel like your chat list is constantly cluttered and overwhelming? Don't worry; we've got the perfect solution for you: archiving your chats.
With just a few simple steps, you can easily hide those pesky chats from your main chat list and store them in a separate "Archived" folder. Unlike deleting a chat, which permanently removes it from your chat list, archiving a conversation on WhatsApp hides it from your main chat list and stores it in a separate "Archived Chats" folder. This way, you can easily access the chat again by unarchiving it.
Archiving spammy group chats help you stay focused, as you only get notifications if someone mentions or tags you in a message. If you wish to further improve your focus, try Cooby and give undivided attention to every chat that matters.
How to archive WhatsApp chats on iPhone
Follow these steps to archive WhatsApp chats in an iOS device.
- Open the chat you want to archive.
- Swipe left on the chat.
- Tap on the "Archive" button.
- Your chat is now archived and out of sight.
The above steps will archive selected chats and groups. However, they might not remain archived if a new message arrives in such chats and groups. To keep them archived even after a new message comes in, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Click on the three-dots menu from the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select the Chats option to go to chats settings.
- Turn the toggle on for Keep Chats Archived.
How to archive WhatsApp chats on an Android device
Archiving chats on WhatsApp is a great way to declutter your chat list and keep important conversations easily accessible. Here's how to do it:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat you want to archive.
- Tap and hold the chat until a menu appears.
- Tap the "Archive" option in the menu.
That's it! The above steps will move selected chats to the "Archived chats" section in the chats list.
How to find archived WhatsApp chats
After archiving WhatsApp chats on your device, you will see a tab named Archived on the device.
If you've turned on the toggle for Keep Chats Archived, the archived tab will appear on the top of the Chats tab. However, if the toggle is turned off, the archived tab will appear at the bottom of your screen.
Let's see how to find archived chats in WhatsApp step-by-step:
- Launch WhatsApp on your device.
- From WhatsApp's Chats tab, find and tap Archived on the screen's top or bottom pane.
- You'll find the list of all archived chats.
When you go to the Archived tab, you will find a message on the top, saying, "These chats stay (un/)archived when new messages are received. Tap to change." You can click on the message to get directed to the Chats settings, where you can turn on or off the toggle for Keep Chats Archived.
How to unarchive WhatsApp chats
Below are the steps you can use to unarchive WhatsApp chats.
- Go to WhatsApp on your Android/iOS device.
- Find the Archived tab on the top or bottom of your screen. Tap on it.
- Scroll through to find the chat you intend to unarchive.
- Press (for Android) or swipe left (for iOS) on the contact.
- Click on unarchive from the top of your screen or beside the contact name.
Toward enhanced focus
Minimize WhatsApp's clutter by archiving chats and groups you hardly interact with. Stay focused on conversations that matter the most in your personal or professional life. Many WhatsApp users prefer using Cooby to organize their inboxes and maintain undivided attention while using the messaging platform.
Cooby empowers WhatsApp users with several capabilities, like starting a chat without saving numbers, setting reminders, and many more.
Learn more about how Cooby supercharges WhatsApp for better efficiency and productivity.