Moving from WhatsApp isn't easy. Almost all your contacts are already on it. These might be your friends, family, or clients. When you move from the application, you might lose touch with them as they may not make the same move as you.
If you're looking for an alternative to WhatsApp, you're most likely facing some challenges with the messaging app. You're not alone. WhatsApp as a standalone tool is pretty disconnected with other business applications like CRM software. Often, it gets cluttered with all sorts of messages.
Be it promotional, personal, or business message, some chats will always be more important than others. Cooby helps you take better control of your WhatsApp inbox, enables enhanced focus, and more productivity. It sync chats with CRMs, and provides you capabilities of achieving Inbox Zero.
Before we dive deeper into how Cooby can declutter your inbox, let go through some WhatsApp alternatives first. It would help you assess your needs and make informed decisions.
5 best WhatsApp alternatives in 2023
With many users, WhatsApp’s status as one of the leading communication platforms is close to no other solution on the market. However, there are a few alternatives that have a few advantages of their own.
- KIK Messenger
Let’s take a look at each in detail.
Telegram is a communication platform similar to WhatsApp and has almost all its functionalities. Telegram claims increased security and allows users to create groups with up to 200,000 members. Additionally, it allows self-destructing messaging and secret chat capabilities. It’s available across all platforms, even Linux.
- Better security
- Message editing capabilities
- Larger group sizes
- No backup is required unless the account is deleted
- No file-sharing moderation
- Telegram channels are hard to find
- Group video calls are unstable
- Smaller user base than WhatsApp
Signal is a free, privacy-centric messaging application available on desktop and mobile devices. With Signal, you can text, call over voice or video, and do just about everything else that WhatsApp does. Signal is considered to be the most privacy-focused among other platforms.
Signal encrypts all communications, ensuring that only the intended recipients can access the content of the messages. It also applies a special encryption protocol to stickers.
- It’s open-source and completely free
- No learning curve
- Limited user base
- The application can be buggy at times
Viber allows users to send messages and place calls, both audio and video. Viber has end-to-end encryption, which is standard across these applications. Users also have the option to access the solution on desktop and they can play games with other users on the application.
- Remarkable user interface
- Great audio and video quality
- Notifications don’t come promptly at times
- Lack of a large user base
- Uses more storage and RAM on mobile, compared to other solutions
Millions of people use Discord to talk and host hangout sessions with communities and close ones.Private, invite-only servers make up Discord's servers, serving as virtual spaces for groups of friends and communities to keep in touch. There are also more open groups that focus on popular games, like Minecraft or Fortnite.
- Video streaming is excellent
- The audio call quality is great
- Great security-centric features
- Doesn't provide great support
- Initial setup can be confusing
- Cannot delete multiple messages at the same time
- Some features require you to pay
5. KiK Messenger
KiK Messenger stands out since it doesn’t require you to provide your phone number while setting up your account; an email ID is enough. It’s a great option for those who don’t want to share their phone numbers and still chat with people around the world.
- Phone number not required
- Large user base
- Ease of communication
- Free to use across all platforms
- Inappropriate content
- Cannot send voice messages or place audio and video calls
- Does not sync messages across platforms
- Cannot share location
* These pros and cons are collected from user feedback and reviews on Play Store, App Store, and other review websites.
How to experience unparalleled productivity on WhatsApp
WhatsApp is a communication platform with over 2 billion users in over 180 countries. Using WhatsApp, you can send and receive text messages, and voice messages, and place audio or video calls. Users can also share documents, images, or even their location.
WhatsApp comes with several features to add value to everyday communication and bolster business conversations. Below are some common benefits of the messaging tool.
- Large user base. If you’re signing up to use WhatsApp for the first time, chances are that a group of people you know are already on it.
- Stable application. A large user base means that the app has to be constantly stable. WhatsApp strives to maintain application stability and delivers a great experience for its use base.
- Limitless communication. Unlike carrier-based SMS services, WhatsApp doesn't put a cap on how much you can communicate. You can message whoever you want, at any time.
- Cost. WhatsApp is free of cost for individual users. Users don’t have to pay a premium to access more features. All users get the same experience.
- International messaging. As a bonus to being free, users can also send WhatsApp texts to contacts globally at no cost. They can also place audio or video calls.
Unlocking maximum productivity on WhatsApp
While there are strong alternatives to WhatsApp, none of them come close to matching its support, number of users, and the feature set it provides at no cost. Building on to the challenges from above, it gets difficult to manage your inbox the more you use WhatsApp. There are many solutions in the market to solve this problem, but none are as effective as Cooby.
Cooby helps you literally tame your WhatsApp inbox, without much hassle. It helps increase productivity and manage your WhatsApp conversations better with the following functionalities.
- Message reminders. Cooby lets you set reminders for conversations to ensure they don’t slip. If you have an important conversation you need to get back to, but not just yet, you can ask Cooby to remind you at a time you choose.
- Inbox Zero. Get to every conversation, perform the right action, and steer through your inbox with speed and focus. With Inbox Zero capability, you can address a conversation, snooze it for later, and close it to declutter inbox faster and have more peace of mind amid continuous messagings streak.
- CRM integration. Cooby lets you easily connect to Salesforce or HubSpot, without WhatsApp API. You can easily connect them and start performing CRM actions within WhatsApp.
- Message templates. With templates, you don’t have to maintain a doc with your frequently used greeting or support messages. Cooby provides you with a standard set of customizable messaging templates to expedite conversations.
- Notes. Take notes for every conversation and find them when you need to, without having to shift tabs and juggle between multiple applications.
- Organize chats. Easily sort conversations in multiple tabs, such as Unread, Needs Reply, or Closed. You can also create custom tabs as per your preference for an organized WhatsApp Inbox.
- Chat with non-contacts: You don’t have to save a number to your contact list before sending a message to them on WhatsApp. With Cooby, you can immediately start a conversation with non contacts.
Cooby is also pocket friendly for both individual and business-focused users. It offers a free trial to help you see the value it create for WhatsApp users.
Add Cooby to your browser and experience unparalleled productivity on WhatsApp Web.